4 Charities X 100 Men = One Community
How It Works
- Meetings are required to be one hour or less.
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting on a quarterly basis ($400 annually).
- Members bring a blank check to be written out directly to the selected charity. If a member is unable to attend a meeting he may give his check to another member to deliver on his behalf or he may mail it in before the meeting.
- All donations will be provided to North Texas area charities serving the greater North Texas area. Donations benefitting national charities will not be considered. However, if a national charity has a local group affiliation and the donation will only benefit the greater North Texas area, that is allowable for consideration.
- Members who wish to submit a charity for consideration must complete a Charitable Organization Fact Sheet and be ready to make a five-minute presentation at the meeting to the members about the charity.
- Three names will be randomly drawn from the bag at the meeting. Each person will then have five minutes to make his presentation.
- Only members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current on their contributions may submit a charity for consideration.
- Only members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote.
- A 5 minute Q&A session will take place immediately following the three presentations and directly preceding member voting.
- Each member will vote by ballot – the majority rules. Even if your choice does not win, all members are responsible for writing a check to the winning charity.
- If a member presents for a particular charity that is not chosen, the member is still eligible to submit that same charity at subsequent meetings or until such charity is chosen. If a member’s charity is chosen, that charity is not eligible to be considered for future consideration for a period of 3 years; however, the member is still eligible to submit the name of another charity.
- In the case of a two-way tie the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken.
- If the second vote results in another tie then we will randomly pick one of the two charities’ name out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
- The winning charity must agree not to use the names of the members for future solicitations or give member information out for any other public use or purpose. The charity is also invited to send a representative to a future meeting to explain to the membership how the funds have been used.